Nov 18, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
In the absence of injured center Matt Duchene, the top two Colorado Avalanche lines will look a little different when the suddenly struggling club hosts Chicago tomorrow.
Following is what the Denver Post expects we’ll see:
We wondered last week if the Avs could be headed for a reality check; their 4-1 loss to Florida on Saturday was their third straight regulation defeat.
To make matters worse, here’s what’s coming up:
Of note: goalie Semyon Varlamov‘s save percentage for November is just .898. That’s well down from the .945 mark he registered in October, when he went 7-1-0 with a 1.76 goals-against average.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18