Nov 18, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
From a press release:
NHL fans will get an up-close, all-access look at some of their favorite stars with the upcoming “NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other” series beginning in mid-January.
The series will begin Jan. 22 on NBCSN and Jan. 23 on CBC. It will be re-broadcast in Canada on Sportsnet on Jan. 26. The joint announcement was made Monday by the NHL, the National Hockey League Players’ Association, NBCSN and CBC.
NHL Revealed is a seven-part series telling the stories of more than two dozen of the League’s top stars as they prepare for and participate in 2013-14 regular-season games, including the four 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series games and the Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic. Additionally, the cameras will follow the stars during the February trip to compete in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
Players expected to be featured in “NHL Revealed” include Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins; Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks; brothers Daniel and Henrik Sedin of the Vancouver Canucks; John Tavares of the New York Islanders; and goaltenders Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers and Jonathan Quick of the Los Angeles Kings.
Plenty of compelling storylines there. The Kane-Toews feature should be interesting, especially leading up to the Olympics where their respective countries, the United States and Canada, are among the favorites to take gold.
The series will air on NBCSN on Jan. 22, Jan. 29, Feb. 5, and Feb. 27.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54