Nov 18, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
From a press release:
NHL fans will get an up-close, all-access look at some of their favorite stars with the upcoming “NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other” series beginning in mid-January.
The series will begin Jan. 22 on NBCSN and Jan. 23 on CBC. It will be re-broadcast in Canada on Sportsnet on Jan. 26. The joint announcement was made Monday by the NHL, the National Hockey League Players’ Association, NBCSN and CBC.
NHL Revealed is a seven-part series telling the stories of more than two dozen of the League’s top stars as they prepare for and participate in 2013-14 regular-season games, including the four 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series games and the Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic. Additionally, the cameras will follow the stars during the February trip to compete in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
Players expected to be featured in “NHL Revealed” include Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins; Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks; brothers Daniel and Henrik Sedin of the Vancouver Canucks; John Tavares of the New York Islanders; and goaltenders Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers and Jonathan Quick of the Los Angeles Kings.
Plenty of compelling storylines there. The Kane-Toews feature should be interesting, especially leading up to the Olympics where their respective countries, the United States and Canada, are among the favorites to take gold.
The series will air on NBCSN on Jan. 22, Jan. 29, Feb. 5, and Feb. 27.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)