Nov 18, 2013, 1:04 PM EST
From a press release:
NHL fans will get an up-close, all-access look at some of their favorite stars with the upcoming “NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other” series beginning in mid-January.
The series will begin Jan. 22 on NBCSN and Jan. 23 on CBC. It will be re-broadcast in Canada on Sportsnet on Jan. 26. The joint announcement was made Monday by the NHL, the National Hockey League Players’ Association, NBCSN and CBC.
NHL Revealed is a seven-part series telling the stories of more than two dozen of the League’s top stars as they prepare for and participate in 2013-14 regular-season games, including the four 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series games and the Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic. Additionally, the cameras will follow the stars during the February trip to compete in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
Players expected to be featured in “NHL Revealed” include Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins; Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks; brothers Daniel and Henrik Sedin of the Vancouver Canucks; John Tavares of the New York Islanders; and goaltenders Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers and Jonathan Quick of the Los Angeles Kings.
Plenty of compelling storylines there. The Kane-Toews feature should be interesting, especially leading up to the Olympics where their respective countries, the United States and Canada, are among the favorites to take gold.
The series will air on NBCSN on Jan. 22, Jan. 29, Feb. 5, and Feb. 27.
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 17
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 68
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Patrick Kane (fractured clavicle) out 12 weeks after surgery 41
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (71)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)