Nov 18, 2013, 1:04 PM EST
From a press release:
NHL fans will get an up-close, all-access look at some of their favorite stars with the upcoming “NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other” series beginning in mid-January.
The series will begin Jan. 22 on NBCSN and Jan. 23 on CBC. It will be re-broadcast in Canada on Sportsnet on Jan. 26. The joint announcement was made Monday by the NHL, the National Hockey League Players’ Association, NBCSN and CBC.
NHL Revealed is a seven-part series telling the stories of more than two dozen of the League’s top stars as they prepare for and participate in 2013-14 regular-season games, including the four 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series games and the Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic. Additionally, the cameras will follow the stars during the February trip to compete in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
Players expected to be featured in “NHL Revealed” include Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins; Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks; brothers Daniel and Henrik Sedin of the Vancouver Canucks; John Tavares of the New York Islanders; and goaltenders Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers and Jonathan Quick of the Los Angeles Kings.
Plenty of compelling storylines there. The Kane-Toews feature should be interesting, especially leading up to the Olympics where their respective countries, the United States and Canada, are among the favorites to take gold.
The series will air on NBCSN on Jan. 22, Jan. 29, Feb. 5, and Feb. 27.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24