Nov 18, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
From a press release:
NHL fans will get an up-close, all-access look at some of their favorite stars with the upcoming “NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other” series beginning in mid-January.
The series will begin Jan. 22 on NBCSN and Jan. 23 on CBC. It will be re-broadcast in Canada on Sportsnet on Jan. 26. The joint announcement was made Monday by the NHL, the National Hockey League Players’ Association, NBCSN and CBC.
NHL Revealed is a seven-part series telling the stories of more than two dozen of the League’s top stars as they prepare for and participate in 2013-14 regular-season games, including the four 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series games and the Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic. Additionally, the cameras will follow the stars during the February trip to compete in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
Players expected to be featured in “NHL Revealed” include Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins; Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks; brothers Daniel and Henrik Sedin of the Vancouver Canucks; John Tavares of the New York Islanders; and goaltenders Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers and Jonathan Quick of the Los Angeles Kings.
Plenty of compelling storylines there. The Kane-Toews feature should be interesting, especially leading up to the Olympics where their respective countries, the United States and Canada, are among the favorites to take gold.
The series will air on NBCSN on Jan. 22, Jan. 29, Feb. 5, and Feb. 27.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)