Nov 18, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks agreed to terms with Ryan Hartman — their first-round (30th overall) pick at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft — on a three-year entry-level deal, the club announced on Monday.
Hartman, 19, is originally from West Dundee, IL, and has spent the last two seasons lighting it up with Plymouth of the Ontario Hockey League. He had 60 points in 56 games last year and 21 through 20 games this year.
‘‘It couldn’t have gone any better,’’ Hartman said.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3