Nov 18, 2013, 11:48 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks agreed to terms with Ryan Hartman — their first-round (30th overall) pick at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft — on a three-year entry-level deal, the club announced on Monday.
Hartman, 19, is originally from West Dundee, IL, and has spent the last two seasons lighting it up with Plymouth of the Ontario Hockey League. He had 60 points in 56 games last year and 21 through 20 games this year.
‘‘It couldn’t have gone any better,’’ Hartman said.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32