Nov 18, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks agreed to terms with Ryan Hartman — their first-round (30th overall) pick at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft — on a three-year entry-level deal, the club announced on Monday.
Hartman, 19, is originally from West Dundee, IL, and has spent the last two seasons lighting it up with Plymouth of the Ontario Hockey League. He had 60 points in 56 games last year and 21 through 20 games this year.
‘‘It couldn’t have gone any better,’’ Hartman said.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 6
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30