Nov 18, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Winnipeg starts Montoya
Al Montoya will spell the red-hot Ondrej Pavelec when the Jets host the Flames tonight in Winnipeg.
Montoya, 28, has been silent lately after a brief flurry of activity in early November. With Pavelec slumping, Montoya appeared in three straight games for the Jets from Nov. 2-6, which included a 26-save win over the Red Wings on the 4th.
Since then, though, it’s been Pavelec’s net. The Czech ‘tender has won four of his last five starts, which included a 5-0 shutout of Nashville and a 41-save epic against Detroit last Tuesday.
Anaheim goes back to Fasth
The Ducks will give Viktor Fasth another kick at the can on Monday, giving him the start against the Penguins in Pittsburgh.
Fasth, who missed nearly a month with a lower-body injury, made his return to the lineup on Friday and allowed two goals on 23 shots in a shootout loss to Carolina. This will mark the first time all season Fasth has recorded consecutive starts.
The Swedish netminder will go up against Marc-Andre Fleury tonight. Fleury has been slumping lately and has lost four of his last five starts.
— As mentioned earlier on PHT, Cam Ward returns from a 10-game absence tonight for Carolina. He’ll take on Tuukka Rask, who is coming off a rough outing against Ottawa in which he allowed four goals on 31 shots.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)