Nov 18, 2013, 2:32 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Winnipeg starts Montoya
Al Montoya will spell the red-hot Ondrej Pavelec when the Jets host the Flames tonight in Winnipeg.
Montoya, 28, has been silent lately after a brief flurry of activity in early November. With Pavelec slumping, Montoya appeared in three straight games for the Jets from Nov. 2-6, which included a 26-save win over the Red Wings on the 4th.
Since then, though, it’s been Pavelec’s net. The Czech ‘tender has won four of his last five starts, which included a 5-0 shutout of Nashville and a 41-save epic against Detroit last Tuesday.
Anaheim goes back to Fasth
The Ducks will give Viktor Fasth another kick at the can on Monday, giving him the start against the Penguins in Pittsburgh.
Fasth, who missed nearly a month with a lower-body injury, made his return to the lineup on Friday and allowed two goals on 23 shots in a shootout loss to Carolina. This will mark the first time all season Fasth has recorded consecutive starts.
The Swedish netminder will go up against Marc-Andre Fleury tonight. Fleury has been slumping lately and has lost four of his last five starts.
– As mentioned earlier on PHT, Cam Ward returns from a 10-game absence tonight for Carolina. He’ll take on Tuukka Rask, who is coming off a rough outing against Ottawa in which he allowed four goals on 31 shots.
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 7
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 19
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)