Nov 18, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Winnipeg starts Montoya
Al Montoya will spell the red-hot Ondrej Pavelec when the Jets host the Flames tonight in Winnipeg.
Montoya, 28, has been silent lately after a brief flurry of activity in early November. With Pavelec slumping, Montoya appeared in three straight games for the Jets from Nov. 2-6, which included a 26-save win over the Red Wings on the 4th.
Since then, though, it’s been Pavelec’s net. The Czech ‘tender has won four of his last five starts, which included a 5-0 shutout of Nashville and a 41-save epic against Detroit last Tuesday.
Anaheim goes back to Fasth
The Ducks will give Viktor Fasth another kick at the can on Monday, giving him the start against the Penguins in Pittsburgh.
Fasth, who missed nearly a month with a lower-body injury, made his return to the lineup on Friday and allowed two goals on 23 shots in a shootout loss to Carolina. This will mark the first time all season Fasth has recorded consecutive starts.
The Swedish netminder will go up against Marc-Andre Fleury tonight. Fleury has been slumping lately and has lost four of his last five starts.
– As mentioned earlier on PHT, Cam Ward returns from a 10-game absence tonight for Carolina. He’ll take on Tuukka Rask, who is coming off a rough outing against Ottawa in which he allowed four goals on 31 shots.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17