Nov 18, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames stopped their losing skid at six games on Monday, beating the Winnipeg Jets 5-4 via Sean Monahan‘s shootout winner.
Winnipeg already saw its four-game winning streak end against the Minnesota Wild on Sunday, but they saw their simmering shootout work conclude as well (the last three wins in that four-game run came from skills competition triumphs).
The Flames can feel a little better about their paltry goaltending for at least one night, as Reto Berra stopped 40 out of 44 shots to gain his second NHL win. Mike Cammalleri and TJ Brodie has a goal and an assist apiece tonight.
There are a couple pros among the cons for the Jets, too. The Jets dissolved four one-goal Flames leads to send this game beyond regulation, including Bryan Little‘s game-tying goal with just six seconds remaining. Dustin Byfuglien also remains red-hot lately, as his goal and assist give him 17 points in 23 games (including three goals and one assist in his last four contests).
Both of these teams might find themselves grasping at moral victories a little more often than they’d like, but at least they have that much. They can’t all be world-beaters, after all.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 5
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 53
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 6
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 45
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)