Nov 18, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames stopped their losing skid at six games on Monday, beating the Winnipeg Jets 5-4 via Sean Monahan‘s shootout winner.
Winnipeg already saw its four-game winning streak end against the Minnesota Wild on Sunday, but they saw their simmering shootout work conclude as well (the last three wins in that four-game run came from skills competition triumphs).
The Flames can feel a little better about their paltry goaltending for at least one night, as Reto Berra stopped 40 out of 44 shots to gain his second NHL win. Mike Cammalleri and TJ Brodie has a goal and an assist apiece tonight.
There are a couple pros among the cons for the Jets, too. The Jets dissolved four one-goal Flames leads to send this game beyond regulation, including Bryan Little‘s game-tying goal with just six seconds remaining. Dustin Byfuglien also remains red-hot lately, as his goal and assist give him 17 points in 23 games (including three goals and one assist in his last four contests).
Both of these teams might find themselves grasping at moral victories a little more often than they’d like, but at least they have that much. They can’t all be world-beaters, after all.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)