Nov 18, 2013, 11:16 PM EST
The Calgary Flames stopped their losing skid at six games on Monday, beating the Winnipeg Jets 5-4 via Sean Monahan‘s shootout winner.
Winnipeg already saw its four-game winning streak end against the Minnesota Wild on Sunday, but they saw their simmering shootout work conclude as well (the last three wins in that four-game run came from skills competition triumphs).
The Flames can feel a little better about their paltry goaltending for at least one night, as Reto Berra stopped 40 out of 44 shots to gain his second NHL win. Mike Cammalleri and TJ Brodie has a goal and an assist apiece tonight.
There are a couple pros among the cons for the Jets, too. The Jets dissolved four one-goal Flames leads to send this game beyond regulation, including Bryan Little‘s game-tying goal with just six seconds remaining. Dustin Byfuglien also remains red-hot lately, as his goal and assist give him 17 points in 23 games (including three goals and one assist in his last four contests).
Both of these teams might find themselves grasping at moral victories a little more often than they’d like, but at least they have that much. They can’t all be world-beaters, after all.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)