Nov 18, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov practiced with the Edmonton Oilers today, as expected; however, it’s not clear when the 33-year-old netminder will debut for his new club.
According to head coach Dallas Eakins, as long as regular starter Devan Dubnyk is playing well — a rarity this season; hence, the Bryzgalov signing — the Oilers won’t switch goalies.
“A lot will have to do if Dubs can keep rolling like he is,” said Eakins, per the Canadian Press. “Dubs is going lights out, Dubs gets the net.”
Now, granted, “rolling” is a relative term. Dubnyk’s played reasonably well in his last three games, including Saturday’s 4-2 win over Calgary in which he stopped 33 of 35 shots. But his save percentage for November is just .902, and his overall save percentage is even lower, at .889.
The Oilers host Columbus Tuesday, Florida Thursday and Chicago Monday. They don’t go back-to-back until Nov. 28 (in Nashville) and Nov. 29 (in Columbus).
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 17
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 61
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 8
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 23
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 31
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 60
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 21
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)