Nov 18, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov practiced with the Edmonton Oilers today, as expected; however, it’s not clear when the 33-year-old netminder will debut for his new club.
According to head coach Dallas Eakins, as long as regular starter Devan Dubnyk is playing well — a rarity this season; hence, the Bryzgalov signing — the Oilers won’t switch goalies.
“A lot will have to do if Dubs can keep rolling like he is,” said Eakins, per the Canadian Press. “Dubs is going lights out, Dubs gets the net.”
Now, granted, “rolling” is a relative term. Dubnyk’s played reasonably well in his last three games, including Saturday’s 4-2 win over Calgary in which he stopped 33 of 35 shots. But his save percentage for November is just .902, and his overall save percentage is even lower, at .889.
The Oilers host Columbus Tuesday, Florida Thursday and Chicago Monday. They don’t go back-to-back until Nov. 28 (in Nashville) and Nov. 29 (in Columbus).
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)