Nov 18, 2013, 7:10 PM EST
It was a performance instead of injury-related move, as Thornton (pictured) is a healthy scratch tonight.
Neither forward has put up big numbers this year. Thornton, 36, has two goals in 19 games while Caron, 23, has one tally in nine contests.
This is a minor tweak, but some believe that Thornton is one of the league’s better fourth-line players, for whatever that’s worth.
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 21
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 58