Nov 18, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
It was a performance instead of injury-related move, as Thornton (pictured) is a healthy scratch tonight.
Neither forward has put up big numbers this year. Thornton, 36, has two goals in 19 games while Caron, 23, has one tally in nine contests.
This is a minor tweak, but some believe that Thornton is one of the league’s better fourth-line players, for whatever that’s worth.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7