Nov 18, 2013, 11:34 AM EST
The Carolina Hurricanes will have a welcome sight in goal tonight against Boston as Cam Ward returns from a lower-body injury to play his first game in nearly a month.
Ward, who has been out of action since getting hurt against Minnesota on Oct. 24, will get the start against the Bruins in the hopes of continuing Carolina’s recent run of good play. The ‘Canesa have won four of six and captured nine of 12 points, scoring a pair of impressive wins over Western Conference powerhouses Anaheim and Colorado in the process.
Prior to getting hurt, Ward had posted a 2-2-3 record with a 2.81 GAA and .912 save percentage while his replacement, Justin Peters, has performed well by posting a 2.35 GAA and .921 save percentage in 11 games.
It’ll be interesting to see how Ward fares, given he’s now suffered two significant injuries in the span of seven months. He suffered a sprained MCL in March of last season and missed the remainder of the campaign (27 games all told).
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 84
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (84)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)