Nov 17, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
You may not have noticed, but the Detroit Red Wings have lost six in a row. While they’ve earned points in five of those losses in a row thanks to losing in overtime or the shootout, their recent run isn’t sitting well with captain Henrik Zetterberg.
Following Saturday’s shootout loss to the New York Islanders, Zetterberg told reporters, as shared by John Kreiser of NHL.com, their play against the Isles would’ve been all right if not for the streak.
“If we hadn’t gone through the last five-six games, this point would be pretty good,” Zetterberg said. “Right now it’s tough; we can’t find a way to win a game. I think we battled hard tonight. It was a back-to-back game and we found a way to come back at the end. Overall, I think it’s a good point, but we were right there to get two points.”
The Red Wings haven’t gotten two points since November 2 when they beat the Edmonton Oilers. They’ll get a chance to snap their skid on Tuesday when they host the Nashville Predators. The Preds have been slumping horribly of late themselves but snapped out of that Saturday, blowing out Chicago 7-2.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)