Nov 17, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
You may not have noticed, but the Detroit Red Wings have lost six in a row. While they’ve earned points in five of those losses in a row thanks to losing in overtime or the shootout, their recent run isn’t sitting well with captain Henrik Zetterberg.
Following Saturday’s shootout loss to the New York Islanders, Zetterberg told reporters, as shared by John Kreiser of NHL.com, their play against the Isles would’ve been all right if not for the streak.
“If we hadn’t gone through the last five-six games, this point would be pretty good,” Zetterberg said. “Right now it’s tough; we can’t find a way to win a game. I think we battled hard tonight. It was a back-to-back game and we found a way to come back at the end. Overall, I think it’s a good point, but we were right there to get two points.”
The Red Wings haven’t gotten two points since November 2 when they beat the Edmonton Oilers. They’ll get a chance to snap their skid on Tuesday when they host the Nashville Predators. The Preds have been slumping horribly of late themselves but snapped out of that Saturday, blowing out Chicago 7-2.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)