Nov 17, 2013, 11:27 AM EST
You may not have noticed, but the Detroit Red Wings have lost six in a row. While they’ve earned points in five of those losses in a row thanks to losing in overtime or the shootout, their recent run isn’t sitting well with captain Henrik Zetterberg.
Following Saturday’s shootout loss to the New York Islanders, Zetterberg told reporters, as shared by John Kreiser of NHL.com, their play against the Isles would’ve been all right if not for the streak.
“If we hadn’t gone through the last five-six games, this point would be pretty good,” Zetterberg said. “Right now it’s tough; we can’t find a way to win a game. I think we battled hard tonight. It was a back-to-back game and we found a way to come back at the end. Overall, I think it’s a good point, but we were right there to get two points.”
The Red Wings haven’t gotten two points since November 2 when they beat the Edmonton Oilers. They’ll get a chance to snap their skid on Tuesday when they host the Nashville Predators. The Preds have been slumping horribly of late themselves but snapped out of that Saturday, blowing out Chicago 7-2.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 11
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)