Nov 17, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki might be getting a call from the NHL Office of Player Safety.
At 5:44 of the third period and the Senators down 4-0 to the Columbus Blue Jackets, Borowiecki elbowed Jackets forward Jared Boll in the face putting him down on the ice. Borowiecki was then engaged with James Wisniewski in a post-hit fight.
Borowiecki was given a five-minute major for elbowing, meanwhile Boll was uninjured on the play. The Blue Jackets went on to beat the Senators 4-1. Have a look at the play yourself.
It doesn’t appear to be anything more than a hard hit at high speed that caught Boll turning around on the play. Perhaps Brendan Shanahan and the gang in New York City will see things differently.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 0
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)