Nov 17, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki might be getting a call from the NHL Office of Player Safety.
At 5:44 of the third period and the Senators down 4-0 to the Columbus Blue Jackets, Borowiecki elbowed Jackets forward Jared Boll in the face putting him down on the ice. Borowiecki was then engaged with James Wisniewski in a post-hit fight.
Borowiecki was given a five-minute major for elbowing, meanwhile Boll was uninjured on the play. The Blue Jackets went on to beat the Senators 4-1. Have a look at the play yourself.
It doesn’t appear to be anything more than a hard hit at high speed that caught Boll turning around on the play. Perhaps Brendan Shanahan and the gang in New York City will see things differently.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54