Nov 17, 2013, 4:34 PM EST
Ottawa Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki might be getting a call from the NHL Office of Player Safety.
At 5:44 of the third period and the Senators down 4-0 to the Columbus Blue Jackets, Borowiecki elbowed Jackets forward Jared Boll in the face putting him down on the ice. Borowiecki was then engaged with James Wisniewski in a post-hit fight.
Borowiecki was given a five-minute major for elbowing, meanwhile Boll was uninjured on the play. The Blue Jackets went on to beat the Senators 4-1. Have a look at the play yourself.
It doesn’t appear to be anything more than a hard hit at high speed that caught Boll turning around on the play. Perhaps Brendan Shanahan and the gang in New York City will see things differently.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 67
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)