Nov 17, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
Ottawa Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki might be getting a call from the NHL Office of Player Safety.
At 5:44 of the third period and the Senators down 4-0 to the Columbus Blue Jackets, Borowiecki elbowed Jackets forward Jared Boll in the face putting him down on the ice. Borowiecki was then engaged with James Wisniewski in a post-hit fight.
Borowiecki was given a five-minute major for elbowing, meanwhile Boll was uninjured on the play. The Blue Jackets went on to beat the Senators 4-1. Have a look at the play yourself.
It doesn’t appear to be anything more than a hard hit at high speed that caught Boll turning around on the play. Perhaps Brendan Shanahan and the gang in New York City will see things differently.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 42
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)