Nov 17, 2013, 4:34 PM EST
Ottawa Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki might be getting a call from the NHL Office of Player Safety.
At 5:44 of the third period and the Senators down 4-0 to the Columbus Blue Jackets, Borowiecki elbowed Jackets forward Jared Boll in the face putting him down on the ice. Borowiecki was then engaged with James Wisniewski in a post-hit fight.
Borowiecki was given a five-minute major for elbowing, meanwhile Boll was uninjured on the play. The Blue Jackets went on to beat the Senators 4-1. Have a look at the play yourself.
It doesn’t appear to be anything more than a hard hit at high speed that caught Boll turning around on the play. Perhaps Brendan Shanahan and the gang in New York City will see things differently.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46