Nov 17, 2013, 1:58 AM EDT
Alexander Steen‘s career season continues at a remarkable rate.
He scored his league-leading 17th goal of the season on Saturday, and it turned out to be the winner, as the St. Louis Blues defeated the Carolina Hurricanes by a final score of 4-2.
The Blues, 8-1-1 in their last 10 games, have now moved ahead of the Colorado Avalanche for second in the Central Division.
“Big goal … big-time player, big goal,” Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock said of Steen’s goal, as per NHL.com. “We needed that goal right there. We dialed it up.”
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6