Nov 17, 2013, 1:58 AM EST
Alexander Steen‘s career season continues at a remarkable rate.
He scored his league-leading 17th goal of the season on Saturday, and it turned out to be the winner, as the St. Louis Blues defeated the Carolina Hurricanes by a final score of 4-2.
The Blues, 8-1-1 in their last 10 games, have now moved ahead of the Colorado Avalanche for second in the Central Division.
“Big goal … big-time player, big goal,” Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock said of Steen’s goal, as per NHL.com. “We needed that goal right there. We dialed it up.”
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5