Nov 17, 2013, 1:58 AM EDT
Alexander Steen‘s career season continues at a remarkable rate.
He scored his league-leading 17th goal of the season on Saturday, and it turned out to be the winner, as the St. Louis Blues defeated the Carolina Hurricanes by a final score of 4-2.
The Blues, 8-1-1 in their last 10 games, have now moved ahead of the Colorado Avalanche for second in the Central Division.
“Big goal … big-time player, big goal,” Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock said of Steen’s goal, as per NHL.com. “We needed that goal right there. We dialed it up.”
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)