Nov 17, 2013, 1:58 AM EDT
Alexander Steen‘s career season continues at a remarkable rate.
He scored his league-leading 17th goal of the season on Saturday, and it turned out to be the winner, as the St. Louis Blues defeated the Carolina Hurricanes by a final score of 4-2.
The Blues, 8-1-1 in their last 10 games, have now moved ahead of the Colorado Avalanche for second in the Central Division.
“Big goal … big-time player, big goal,” Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock said of Steen’s goal, as per NHL.com. “We needed that goal right there. We dialed it up.”
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 0
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 26
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 28
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)