Nov 17, 2013, 1:58 AM EDT
Alexander Steen‘s career season continues at a remarkable rate.
He scored his league-leading 17th goal of the season on Saturday, and it turned out to be the winner, as the St. Louis Blues defeated the Carolina Hurricanes by a final score of 4-2.
The Blues, 8-1-1 in their last 10 games, have now moved ahead of the Colorado Avalanche for second in the Central Division.
“Big goal … big-time player, big goal,” Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock said of Steen’s goal, as per NHL.com. “We needed that goal right there. We dialed it up.”
- Weber’s shot leaves Sens’ Ceci, Anderson reeling 3
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 17
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 36
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)