Nov 17, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
As they ready for a “circus” seven-game road trip, the Chicago Blackhawks performed a bit of a strongman routine against the San Jose Sharks, throwing them around 5-1.
The Sharks came into Sunday with a three-game winning streak, but Antti Niemi had a rough night, allowing five goals on 27 Blackhawks shots.
Here’s that road ahead for Chicago, which sadly won’t involve any Mario Kart action:
At: Colorado (Tuesday), Winnipeg (Thursday), Vancouver (Nov. 23), Edmonton (Nov. 25), Calgary (Nov. 27), Dallas (Nov. 29) and Phoenix (Nov. 30).
The Sharks shouldn’t feel too dejected. They’re off until they begin a five-game homestand on Thursday. The Sharks are probably too veteran-heavy to play some Nintendo games of their own in that time (although it’s fun to imagine Brent Burns doing so, isn’t it?).
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 21
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 48
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)