Nov 17, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
As they ready for a “circus” seven-game road trip, the Chicago Blackhawks performed a bit of a strongman routine against the San Jose Sharks, throwing them around 5-1.
The Sharks came into Sunday with a three-game winning streak, but Antti Niemi had a rough night, allowing five goals on 27 Blackhawks shots.
Here’s that road ahead for Chicago, which sadly won’t involve any Mario Kart action:
At: Colorado (Tuesday), Winnipeg (Thursday), Vancouver (Nov. 23), Edmonton (Nov. 25), Calgary (Nov. 27), Dallas (Nov. 29) and Phoenix (Nov. 30).
The Sharks shouldn’t feel too dejected. They’re off until they begin a five-game homestand on Thursday. The Sharks are probably too veteran-heavy to play some Nintendo games of their own in that time (although it’s fun to imagine Brent Burns doing so, isn’t it?).
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 13
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)