Nov 17, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
As they ready for a “circus” seven-game road trip, the Chicago Blackhawks performed a bit of a strongman routine against the San Jose Sharks, throwing them around 5-1.
The Sharks came into Sunday with a three-game winning streak, but Antti Niemi had a rough night, allowing five goals on 27 Blackhawks shots.
Here’s that road ahead for Chicago, which sadly won’t involve any Mario Kart action:
At: Colorado (Tuesday), Winnipeg (Thursday), Vancouver (Nov. 23), Edmonton (Nov. 25), Calgary (Nov. 27), Dallas (Nov. 29) and Phoenix (Nov. 30).
The Sharks shouldn’t feel too dejected. They’re off until they begin a five-game homestand on Thursday. The Sharks are probably too veteran-heavy to play some Nintendo games of their own in that time (although it’s fun to imagine Brent Burns doing so, isn’t it?).
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 0
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 16
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 55
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)