Nov 17, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
As they ready for a “circus” seven-game road trip, the Chicago Blackhawks performed a bit of a strongman routine against the San Jose Sharks, throwing them around 5-1.
The Sharks came into Sunday with a three-game winning streak, but Antti Niemi had a rough night, allowing five goals on 27 Blackhawks shots.
Here’s that road ahead for Chicago, which sadly won’t involve any Mario Kart action:
At: Colorado (Tuesday), Winnipeg (Thursday), Vancouver (Nov. 23), Edmonton (Nov. 25), Calgary (Nov. 27), Dallas (Nov. 29) and Phoenix (Nov. 30).
The Sharks shouldn’t feel too dejected. They’re off until they begin a five-game homestand on Thursday. The Sharks are probably too veteran-heavy to play some Nintendo games of their own in that time (although it’s fun to imagine Brent Burns doing so, isn’t it?).
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 0
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 5
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 15
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 21
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 53
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)