Nov 17, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars helped out their forward depth via waivers on Sunday.
The team claimed forward Dustin Jeffrey off waivers from the Pittsburgh Penguins. Jeffrey, 25, was in his sixth season with the Penguins when he was placed on waivers on Saturday. This season he’s played 10 games and has just one assist while averaging 10:50 per game of ice time.
Jeffrey is more of a center, but with guys like Vernon Fiddler, Cody Eakin, Shawn Horcoff, and Travis Morin he’ll have competition to fit in there or wind up playing the wing. He was squeezed out in Pittsburgh due to the play of Joe Vitale on the fourth line.
To make room for Jeffrey, the Stars sent defenseman Aaron Rome to the Texas Stars of the AHL.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)