Nov 17, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars helped out their forward depth via waivers on Sunday.
The team claimed forward Dustin Jeffrey off waivers from the Pittsburgh Penguins. Jeffrey, 25, was in his sixth season with the Penguins when he was placed on waivers on Saturday. This season he’s played 10 games and has just one assist while averaging 10:50 per game of ice time.
Jeffrey is more of a center, but with guys like Vernon Fiddler, Cody Eakin, Shawn Horcoff, and Travis Morin he’ll have competition to fit in there or wind up playing the wing. He was squeezed out in Pittsburgh due to the play of Joe Vitale on the fourth line.
To make room for Jeffrey, the Stars sent defenseman Aaron Rome to the Texas Stars of the AHL.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)