Nov 17, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars helped out their forward depth via waivers on Sunday.
The team claimed forward Dustin Jeffrey off waivers from the Pittsburgh Penguins. Jeffrey, 25, was in his sixth season with the Penguins when he was placed on waivers on Saturday. This season he’s played 10 games and has just one assist while averaging 10:50 per game of ice time.
Jeffrey is more of a center, but with guys like Vernon Fiddler, Cody Eakin, Shawn Horcoff, and Travis Morin he’ll have competition to fit in there or wind up playing the wing. He was squeezed out in Pittsburgh due to the play of Joe Vitale on the fourth line.
To make room for Jeffrey, the Stars sent defenseman Aaron Rome to the Texas Stars of the AHL.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40