Nov 17, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
The Dallas Stars helped out their forward depth via waivers on Sunday.
The team claimed forward Dustin Jeffrey off waivers from the Pittsburgh Penguins. Jeffrey, 25, was in his sixth season with the Penguins when he was placed on waivers on Saturday. This season he’s played 10 games and has just one assist while averaging 10:50 per game of ice time.
Jeffrey is more of a center, but with guys like Vernon Fiddler, Cody Eakin, Shawn Horcoff, and Travis Morin he’ll have competition to fit in there or wind up playing the wing. He was squeezed out in Pittsburgh due to the play of Joe Vitale on the fourth line.
To make room for Jeffrey, the Stars sent defenseman Aaron Rome to the Texas Stars of the AHL.
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 0
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5