Nov 17, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
“We will hope it’s not more than that, but (Duchene) said he would need about a week,” Roy said.
Dater believes that 2013 top pick Nathan MacKinnon will slide into a top-six role with Duchene on the shelf.
Seeing a bright prospect in a more positive role is the good side. The bad is that the Avalanche are already on a three-game losing streak without Duchene. What happens without the 22-year-old star?
Colorado’s schedule is brutal for the next couple weeks:
Tuesday: vs. Chicago
Thursday: at Phoenix
Nov. 23: at Los Angeles
Nov. 27: vs. St. Louis
Nov. 29-30: home-and-home against Minnesota
Even with Duchene, that’s a rough stretch. The Avs have to hope he can get back by Nov. 27 or so, then.
In other Colorado news, defenseman Tyson Barrie was recalled from the AHL. They can use all the help they can get.
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 9
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)