Nov 17, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
“We will hope it’s not more than that, but (Duchene) said he would need about a week,” Roy said.
Dater believes that 2013 top pick Nathan MacKinnon will slide into a top-six role with Duchene on the shelf.
Seeing a bright prospect in a more positive role is the good side. The bad is that the Avalanche are already on a three-game losing streak without Duchene. What happens without the 22-year-old star?
Colorado’s schedule is brutal for the next couple weeks:
Tuesday: vs. Chicago
Thursday: at Phoenix
Nov. 23: at Los Angeles
Nov. 27: vs. St. Louis
Nov. 29-30: home-and-home against Minnesota
Even with Duchene, that’s a rough stretch. The Avs have to hope he can get back by Nov. 27 or so, then.
In other Colorado news, defenseman Tyson Barrie was recalled from the AHL. They can use all the help they can get.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 32
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)