Nov 17, 2013, 10:58 PM EDT
Are the Dallas Stars ready to be playoff contenders this season?
That remains to be seen, but they’ve been hot lately, winning three in a row after Kari Lehtonen dragged them to a 2-1 victory against the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday. The Stars have now won six out of their last seven games while the Canucks dropped four in a row and five of their last six.
You can’t beat up Vancouver for a lack of effort, though. They showered Lehtonen with 43 shots, and as the Score captured in this GIF, seemed to beat him one other time tonight:
Ryan Kesler presented the right “close isn’t good enough” line to the Vancouver Metro News’ (and PHT’s) Cam Tucker:
“I think we can keep saying we’re getting shots, we’re getting chances,” Kesler said. “We’ve got to start burying those chances.”
The Stars will take it, though. They play three of their next four in Dallas after this perfect three-game road trip.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 66
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (66)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)