Nov 17, 2013, 10:58 PM EDT
Are the Dallas Stars ready to be playoff contenders this season?
That remains to be seen, but they’ve been hot lately, winning three in a row after Kari Lehtonen dragged them to a 2-1 victory against the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday. The Stars have now won six out of their last seven games while the Canucks dropped four in a row and five of their last six.
You can’t beat up Vancouver for a lack of effort, though. They showered Lehtonen with 43 shots, and as the Score captured in this GIF, seemed to beat him one other time tonight:
Ryan Kesler presented the right “close isn’t good enough” line to the Vancouver Metro News’ (and PHT’s) Cam Tucker:
“I think we can keep saying we’re getting shots, we’re getting chances,” Kesler said. “We’ve got to start burying those chances.”
The Stars will take it, though. They play three of their next four in Dallas after this perfect three-game road trip.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 29
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)