Nov 17, 2013, 10:58 PM EDT
Are the Dallas Stars ready to be playoff contenders this season?
That remains to be seen, but they’ve been hot lately, winning three in a row after Kari Lehtonen dragged them to a 2-1 victory against the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday. The Stars have now won six out of their last seven games while the Canucks dropped four in a row and five of their last six.
You can’t beat up Vancouver for a lack of effort, though. They showered Lehtonen with 43 shots, and as the Score captured in this GIF, seemed to beat him one other time tonight:
Ryan Kesler presented the right “close isn’t good enough” line to the Vancouver Metro News’ (and PHT’s) Cam Tucker:
“I think we can keep saying we’re getting shots, we’re getting chances,” Kesler said. “We’ve got to start burying those chances.”
The Stars will take it, though. They play three of their next four in Dallas after this perfect three-game road trip.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally with at MSG 10
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 22
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51