Nov 17, 2013, 1:02 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will have a different goalie backing up Corey Crawford when they face the San Jose Sharks Sunday night.
Saturday night saw Nikolai Khabibulin go down with an injury in the Blackhawks’ 7-2 loss to the Nashville Predators and the team has recalled 24-year-old Finnish prospect Antti Raanta from Rockford to replace him.
It was just over two weeks ago the team decided to stick by Khabibulin through his early-season struggles and said Raanta would not be recalled.
Now with the 40-year-old Khabibulin banged up, Raanta gets to hold down the backup job until they determine how serious he is hurt.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 1
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 14
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)