Nov 17, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will have a different goalie backing up Corey Crawford when they face the San Jose Sharks Sunday night.
Saturday night saw Nikolai Khabibulin go down with an injury in the Blackhawks’ 7-2 loss to the Nashville Predators and the team has recalled 24-year-old Finnish prospect Antti Raanta from Rockford to replace him.
It was just over two weeks ago the team decided to stick by Khabibulin through his early-season struggles and said Raanta would not be recalled.
Now with the 40-year-old Khabibulin banged up, Raanta gets to hold down the backup job until they determine how serious he is hurt.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17