Nov 17, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
Who’s in goal tonight? Here’s who you’ll likely see roaming the crease tonight.
Lundqvist back in action for New York
After Cam Talbot stymied the Montreal Canadiens last night for the Rangers first shutout in Montreal since February 1967, Henrik Lundqvist gets the call against the Los Angeles Kings at Madison Square Garden. He’ll go up against Kings backup-turned-starter Ben Scrivens as Jonathan Quick is out with a groin injury.
Halak to face Capitals, cause nightmarish flashbacks
Jaroslav Halak will get the start for the St. Louis Blues against the Washington Capitals at Verizon Center. Give Caps fans the benefit of the doubt if they break out in a cold sweat seeing him on the ice. While with the Montreal Canadiens, his play stunned the Caps in the first round of the 2010 playoffs as the Habs knocked them out in seven games. Washington will most likely counter with Braden Holtby in goal.
Niemi to face former Blackhawks mates
Antti Niemi was a Stanley Cup winner with the Chicago Blackhawks back in 2010 and he’ll get another shot to beat his former team tonight in Chicago as he’ll start for the San Jose Sharks. In his career against the ‘Hawks, Niemi is 5-5-1 with a .914 save percentage and a 2.84 goals-against average.
Corey Crawford starts for Chicago as they try to rebound from getting stomped by the Nashville Predators on Saturday. Antti Raanta will be backing him up as he was called up to take Nikolai Khabibulin‘s place after he was inured.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5