Nov 17, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets brought a four-game winning streak into Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Wild, but Zach Bogosian didn’t join them. He’s out on a week-to-week basis with a groin strain according to head coach Claude Noel, as the Winnipeg Free Press reports.
Keaton Ellerby is expected to be one of the beneficiaries from the void left by Bogosian, 23.
“(Bogosian) does a lot of things, so it’s minutes — fairly heavy minutes — that you have to fill,” Noel said. “Right now, we’ll probably put Ellerby in there and go with that. Let’s see how he does and we’ll coach him through that stuff. He should be able, to a degree.”
That sounded like a backhanded compliment, to a degree.
Anyway, it’s a shame that the Jets are losing a key component just as they were heating up, but they’re just going to need to roll with the punches.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)