Nov 17, 2013, 8:12 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets brought a four-game winning streak into Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Wild, but Zach Bogosian didn’t join them. He’s out on a week-to-week basis with a groin strain according to head coach Claude Noel, as the Winnipeg Free Press reports.
Keaton Ellerby is expected to be one of the beneficiaries from the void left by Bogosian, 23.
“(Bogosian) does a lot of things, so it’s minutes — fairly heavy minutes — that you have to fill,” Noel said. “Right now, we’ll probably put Ellerby in there and go with that. Let’s see how he does and we’ll coach him through that stuff. He should be able, to a degree.”
That sounded like a backhanded compliment, to a degree.
Anyway, it’s a shame that the Jets are losing a key component just as they were heating up, but they’re just going to need to roll with the punches.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2