Nov 17, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets brought a four-game winning streak into Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Wild, but Zach Bogosian didn’t join them. He’s out on a week-to-week basis with a groin strain according to head coach Claude Noel, as the Winnipeg Free Press reports.
Keaton Ellerby is expected to be one of the beneficiaries from the void left by Bogosian, 23.
“(Bogosian) does a lot of things, so it’s minutes — fairly heavy minutes — that you have to fill,” Noel said. “Right now, we’ll probably put Ellerby in there and go with that. Let’s see how he does and we’ll coach him through that stuff. He should be able, to a degree.”
That sounded like a backhanded compliment, to a degree.
Anyway, it’s a shame that the Jets are losing a key component just as they were heating up, but they’re just going to need to roll with the punches.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 11
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 13
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 24
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)