Nov 17, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets brought a four-game winning streak into Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Wild, but Zach Bogosian didn’t join them. He’s out on a week-to-week basis with a groin strain according to head coach Claude Noel, as the Winnipeg Free Press reports.
Keaton Ellerby is expected to be one of the beneficiaries from the void left by Bogosian, 23.
“(Bogosian) does a lot of things, so it’s minutes — fairly heavy minutes — that you have to fill,” Noel said. “Right now, we’ll probably put Ellerby in there and go with that. Let’s see how he does and we’ll coach him through that stuff. He should be able, to a degree.”
That sounded like a backhanded compliment, to a degree.
Anyway, it’s a shame that the Jets are losing a key component just as they were heating up, but they’re just going to need to roll with the punches.
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 0
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 28
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)