Nov 17, 2013, 8:12 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets brought a four-game winning streak into Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Wild, but Zach Bogosian didn’t join them. He’s out on a week-to-week basis with a groin strain according to head coach Claude Noel, as the Winnipeg Free Press reports.
Keaton Ellerby is expected to be one of the beneficiaries from the void left by Bogosian, 23.
“(Bogosian) does a lot of things, so it’s minutes — fairly heavy minutes — that you have to fill,” Noel said. “Right now, we’ll probably put Ellerby in there and go with that. Let’s see how he does and we’ll coach him through that stuff. He should be able, to a degree.”
That sounded like a backhanded compliment, to a degree.
Anyway, it’s a shame that the Jets are losing a key component just as they were heating up, but they’re just going to need to roll with the punches.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 101
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (101)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)