Nov 17, 2013, 12:59 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks’ four-game winning streak came to an end in spectacularly bad fashion Saturday.
The Blackhawks were defeated 7-2 on the road by the Nashville Predators. It started poorly and pretty much went downhill from there.
Corey Crawford, expecting to have the night off, was pushed back into the crease. It was a tough night for him.
Goals were coming fast and furious for the Predators. Saturday’s win marked the first time this season they managed to hit the seven-spot.
“We were very generous in gifting tonight with goals, to a different level. I haven’t seen that in a long time,” Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said afterward, as per CSN Chicago.
“It was a free night for them offensively. We were very gracious.”
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 5
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 43
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 18
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13