Nov 17, 2013, 12:59 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks’ four-game winning streak came to an end in spectacularly bad fashion Saturday.
The Blackhawks were defeated 7-2 on the road by the Nashville Predators. It started poorly and pretty much went downhill from there.
Corey Crawford, expecting to have the night off, was pushed back into the crease. It was a tough night for him.
Goals were coming fast and furious for the Predators. Saturday’s win marked the first time this season they managed to hit the seven-spot.
“We were very generous in gifting tonight with goals, to a different level. I haven’t seen that in a long time,” Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said afterward, as per CSN Chicago.
“It was a free night for them offensively. We were very gracious.”
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 0
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 25
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 23
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)