Nov 17, 2013, 12:59 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks’ four-game winning streak came to an end in spectacularly bad fashion Saturday.
The Blackhawks were defeated 7-2 on the road by the Nashville Predators. It started poorly and pretty much went downhill from there.
Corey Crawford, expecting to have the night off, was pushed back into the crease. It was a tough night for him.
Goals were coming fast and furious for the Predators. Saturday’s win marked the first time this season they managed to hit the seven-spot.
“We were very generous in gifting tonight with goals, to a different level. I haven’t seen that in a long time,” Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said afterward, as per CSN Chicago.
“It was a free night for them offensively. We were very gracious.”
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)