Nov 17, 2013, 12:59 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks’ four-game winning streak came to an end in spectacularly bad fashion Saturday.
The Blackhawks were defeated 7-2 on the road by the Nashville Predators. It started poorly and pretty much went downhill from there.
Corey Crawford, expecting to have the night off, was pushed back into the crease. It was a tough night for him.
Goals were coming fast and furious for the Predators. Saturday’s win marked the first time this season they managed to hit the seven-spot.
“We were very generous in gifting tonight with goals, to a different level. I haven’t seen that in a long time,” Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said afterward, as per CSN Chicago.
“It was a free night for them offensively. We were very gracious.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 45
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5