Nov 17, 2013, 12:59 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks’ four-game winning streak came to an end in spectacularly bad fashion Saturday.
The Blackhawks were defeated 7-2 on the road by the Nashville Predators. It started poorly and pretty much went downhill from there.
Corey Crawford, expecting to have the night off, was pushed back into the crease. It was a tough night for him.
Goals were coming fast and furious for the Predators. Saturday’s win marked the first time this season they managed to hit the seven-spot.
“We were very generous in gifting tonight with goals, to a different level. I haven’t seen that in a long time,” Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said afterward, as per CSN Chicago.
“It was a free night for them offensively. We were very gracious.”
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 15
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)