Nov 17, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Hossa has collected 15 points in 19 games before sitting out these past two contests. The 34-year-old has been dealing with nagging injuries on and off for quite a few years, but the good news is that the winger isn’t expected to miss too much time.
Meanwhile, “The Bulin Wall” has been pretty leaky in 2013-14, going 1-0-1 with an .811 save percentage and 5.00 GAA in four games played. Maybe it won’t be so bad if the 40-year-old is out for “a bit,” as it will give the team to analyze Antti Raanta a bit during their upcoming “circus” road trip.
The banged-up Blackhawks host the San Jose Sharks tonight before beginning that seven-game run.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)