Nov 17, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Hossa has collected 15 points in 19 games before sitting out these past two contests. The 34-year-old has been dealing with nagging injuries on and off for quite a few years, but the good news is that the winger isn’t expected to miss too much time.
Meanwhile, “The Bulin Wall” has been pretty leaky in 2013-14, going 1-0-1 with an .811 save percentage and 5.00 GAA in four games played. Maybe it won’t be so bad if the 40-year-old is out for “a bit,” as it will give the team to analyze Antti Raanta a bit during their upcoming “circus” road trip.
The banged-up Blackhawks host the San Jose Sharks tonight before beginning that seven-game run.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 0
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 28
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 26
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 50
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)