Nov 17, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Hossa has collected 15 points in 19 games before sitting out these past two contests. The 34-year-old has been dealing with nagging injuries on and off for quite a few years, but the good news is that the winger isn’t expected to miss too much time.
Meanwhile, “The Bulin Wall” has been pretty leaky in 2013-14, going 1-0-1 with an .811 save percentage and 5.00 GAA in four games played. Maybe it won’t be so bad if the 40-year-old is out for “a bit,” as it will give the team to analyze Antti Raanta a bit during their upcoming “circus” road trip.
The banged-up Blackhawks host the San Jose Sharks tonight before beginning that seven-game run.
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 0
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 27
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 58
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)