Nov 17, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Hossa has collected 15 points in 19 games before sitting out these past two contests. The 34-year-old has been dealing with nagging injuries on and off for quite a few years, but the good news is that the winger isn’t expected to miss too much time.
Meanwhile, “The Bulin Wall” has been pretty leaky in 2013-14, going 1-0-1 with an .811 save percentage and 5.00 GAA in four games played. Maybe it won’t be so bad if the 40-year-old is out for “a bit,” as it will give the team to analyze Antti Raanta a bit during their upcoming “circus” road trip.
The banged-up Blackhawks host the San Jose Sharks tonight before beginning that seven-game run.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)