Nov 17, 2013, 12:40 AM EDT
For the first time in almost 11 years, the Colorado Avalanche lost on home ice to the Florida Panthers.
The Avalanche fell 4-1 to the struggling and rebuilding Panthers. It’s Colorado’s third straight loss, as they look to keep pace with the Central Division-leading Chicago Blackhawks.
“But for us, we’re a positive group in here. You know, it sucks, it’s tough but we are good enough to turn this around,” said Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog afterward.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)