Nov 16, 2013, 9:10 PM EST
There was a bout of nastiness between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres during the second period of Saturday’s game.
Leafs’ forward David Clarkson and Sabres’ forward Steve Ott dropped the gloves early in the period, in a spirited scrap. Ott was able to get in the first real shot, taking Clarkson to the ice. But Clarkson got up before the linesman could break it up and the fight continued.
Clarkson, who had yet to score a goal as a member of the Maple Leafs, despite his seven-year, $36.75 million contract, eventually scored the final takedown near the benches.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35