Nov 16, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
There was a bout of nastiness between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres during the second period of Saturday’s game.
Leafs’ forward David Clarkson and Sabres’ forward Steve Ott dropped the gloves early in the period, in a spirited scrap. Ott was able to get in the first real shot, taking Clarkson to the ice. But Clarkson got up before the linesman could break it up and the fight continued.
Clarkson, who had yet to score a goal as a member of the Maple Leafs, despite his seven-year, $36.75 million contract, eventually scored the final takedown near the benches.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 0
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 40
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 29
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8