Nov 16, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
There was a bout of nastiness between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres during the second period of Saturday’s game.
Leafs’ forward David Clarkson and Sabres’ forward Steve Ott dropped the gloves early in the period, in a spirited scrap. Ott was able to get in the first real shot, taking Clarkson to the ice. But Clarkson got up before the linesman could break it up and the fight continued.
Clarkson, who had yet to score a goal as a member of the Maple Leafs, despite his seven-year, $36.75 million contract, eventually scored the final takedown near the benches.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5