Nov 16, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
There was a bout of nastiness between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres during the second period of Saturday’s game.
Leafs’ forward David Clarkson and Sabres’ forward Steve Ott dropped the gloves early in the period, in a spirited scrap. Ott was able to get in the first real shot, taking Clarkson to the ice. But Clarkson got up before the linesman could break it up and the fight continued.
Clarkson, who had yet to score a goal as a member of the Maple Leafs, despite his seven-year, $36.75 million contract, eventually scored the final takedown near the benches.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1