Nov 16, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
There was a bout of nastiness between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres during the second period of Saturday’s game.
Leafs’ forward David Clarkson and Sabres’ forward Steve Ott dropped the gloves early in the period, in a spirited scrap. Ott was able to get in the first real shot, taking Clarkson to the ice. But Clarkson got up before the linesman could break it up and the fight continued.
Clarkson, who had yet to score a goal as a member of the Maple Leafs, despite his seven-year, $36.75 million contract, eventually scored the final takedown near the benches.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)