Nov 16, 2013, 8:04 PM EST
New York Islanders Evgeni Nabokov left Saturday’s game, just 4:12 into the first period with an apparent injury.
Kevin Poulin came into the game to replace Nabokov.
The injury occurred when Detroit Red Wings forward Darren Helm, in all alone, took a shot on Nabokov, who immediately began motioning for the training staff after play stopped and needed to be assisted off the ice.
He couldn’t put much, if any pressure on his right knee as he was helped off. Helm scored on the play.
Nabokov last played seven days ago against the Columbus Blue Jackets, as per NHL.com.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)