Nov 16, 2013, 8:04 PM EDT
New York Islanders Evgeni Nabokov left Saturday’s game, just 4:12 into the first period with an apparent injury.
Kevin Poulin came into the game to replace Nabokov.
The injury occurred when Detroit Red Wings forward Darren Helm, in all alone, took a shot on Nabokov, who immediately began motioning for the training staff after play stopped and needed to be assisted off the ice.
He couldn’t put much, if any pressure on his right knee as he was helped off. Helm scored on the play.
Nabokov last played seven days ago against the Columbus Blue Jackets, as per NHL.com.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 67
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)