Nov 16, 2013, 8:04 PM EDT
New York Islanders Evgeni Nabokov left Saturday’s game, just 4:12 into the first period with an apparent injury.
Kevin Poulin came into the game to replace Nabokov.
The injury occurred when Detroit Red Wings forward Darren Helm, in all alone, took a shot on Nabokov, who immediately began motioning for the training staff after play stopped and needed to be assisted off the ice.
He couldn’t put much, if any pressure on his right knee as he was helped off. Helm scored on the play.
Nabokov last played seven days ago against the Columbus Blue Jackets, as per NHL.com.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 3
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 24
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 14
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)