Nov 16, 2013, 8:04 PM EDT
New York Islanders Evgeni Nabokov left Saturday’s game, just 4:12 into the first period with an apparent injury.
Kevin Poulin came into the game to replace Nabokov.
The injury occurred when Detroit Red Wings forward Darren Helm, in all alone, took a shot on Nabokov, who immediately began motioning for the training staff after play stopped and needed to be assisted off the ice.
He couldn’t put much, if any pressure on his right knee as he was helped off. Helm scored on the play.
Nabokov last played seven days ago against the Columbus Blue Jackets, as per NHL.com.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)