Nov 16, 2013, 8:04 PM EST
New York Islanders Evgeni Nabokov left Saturday’s game, just 4:12 into the first period with an apparent injury.
Kevin Poulin came into the game to replace Nabokov.
The injury occurred when Detroit Red Wings forward Darren Helm, in all alone, took a shot on Nabokov, who immediately began motioning for the training staff after play stopped and needed to be assisted off the ice.
He couldn’t put much, if any pressure on his right knee as he was helped off. Helm scored on the play.
Nabokov last played seven days ago against the Columbus Blue Jackets, as per NHL.com.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 9
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 72
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (72)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)