Nov 16, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
Apparently the Calgary Flames or Edmonton Oilers aren’t pleased about their respective five-game losing streaks.
There’s been a fair amount of vitriol in tonight’s Battle of Alberta between the two teams, as they try to dig out of their individual struggles. The first scrap of the opening period took place between seasoned heavyweight Brian McGrattan of the Flames and the Oilers’ Luke Gazdic.
The two traded some heavy punches in a marathon tilt in the neutral zone.
Ference got up and wrestled Stempniak to the ice, before the two dropped the gloves. Stempniak got up from the ice after the fight bleeding.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)