Nov 16, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
Apparently the Calgary Flames or Edmonton Oilers aren’t pleased about their respective five-game losing streaks.
There’s been a fair amount of vitriol in tonight’s Battle of Alberta between the two teams, as they try to dig out of their individual struggles. The first scrap of the opening period took place between seasoned heavyweight Brian McGrattan of the Flames and the Oilers’ Luke Gazdic.
The two traded some heavy punches in a marathon tilt in the neutral zone.
Ference got up and wrestled Stempniak to the ice, before the two dropped the gloves. Stempniak got up from the ice after the fight bleeding.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 36
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 16
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 58
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1