Nov 16, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
Apparently the Calgary Flames or Edmonton Oilers aren’t pleased about their respective five-game losing streaks.
There’s been a fair amount of vitriol in tonight’s Battle of Alberta between the two teams, as they try to dig out of their individual struggles. The first scrap of the opening period took place between seasoned heavyweight Brian McGrattan of the Flames and the Oilers’ Luke Gazdic.
The two traded some heavy punches in a marathon tilt in the neutral zone.
Ference got up and wrestled Stempniak to the ice, before the two dropped the gloves. Stempniak got up from the ice after the fight bleeding.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)