Nov 16, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
Apparently the Calgary Flames or Edmonton Oilers aren’t pleased about their respective five-game losing streaks.
There’s been a fair amount of vitriol in tonight’s Battle of Alberta between the two teams, as they try to dig out of their individual struggles. The first scrap of the opening period took place between seasoned heavyweight Brian McGrattan of the Flames and the Oilers’ Luke Gazdic.
The two traded some heavy punches in a marathon tilt in the neutral zone.
Ference got up and wrestled Stempniak to the ice, before the two dropped the gloves. Stempniak got up from the ice after the fight bleeding.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5