Nov 16, 2013, 11:26 PM EST
Apparently the Calgary Flames or Edmonton Oilers aren’t pleased about their respective five-game losing streaks.
There’s been a fair amount of vitriol in tonight’s Battle of Alberta between the two teams, as they try to dig out of their individual struggles. The first scrap of the opening period took place between seasoned heavyweight Brian McGrattan of the Flames and the Oilers’ Luke Gazdic.
The two traded some heavy punches in a marathon tilt in the neutral zone.
Ference got up and wrestled Stempniak to the ice, before the two dropped the gloves. Stempniak got up from the ice after the fight bleeding.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 7
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 15
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 15
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)