Nov 16, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche weren’t shy about expressing their disapproval of Blues forward Chris Stewart after he dropped his gloves against Cory Sarich in the second period of last night’s 7-3 victory for St. Louis.
The 26-year-old Blues forward chose to respond to those criticisms today by asserting that he didn’t force Sarich to fight him. Stewart said he simply asked Sarich and the 6-foot-4 defenseman accepted.
As for Giguere’s claim that it was gutless?
“This is the same guy who ratted on his team about a Vegas trip. So I don’t really care about his opinion, to be honest,” Stewart told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Stewart was referencing an incident that happened in April when Giguere said that some members of the struggling Avalanche were “more worried about their Vegas trip at the end of the season than playing the games.”
Giguere later apologized for airing “dirty laundry.”
The team’s management and coaching staff has changed dramatically since then. Now the Avalanche are starting to look like serious contenders despite a two-game losing streak and of course the Blues are off to a great start too. These two teams will only have to wait until Nov. 27 for their rematch.
In the meantime, if you want to see the fight that spark these comments, here it is:
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)