Nov 16, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Cory Schneider has a 1.98 GAA and just one win in nine starts this season. Last night he kept the Los Angeles Kings off the scoresheet for the first 53 minutes of the contest, but was still the losing goaltender.
That’s the fourth time the Devils have failed to provide Schneider with even one goal worth of support. On two other occasions — both losses — New Jersey has been held to just one goal when Schneider was playing between the pipes. So he has a pretty good excuse if anyone wants to bring up his 1-5-3 record; only he’s not using it.
“Sometimes it’s up to you if things aren’t going your way that you’ve got to be the one that wins the game 1-0 instead of losing 1-0,” he told the Bergen Record.
“Especially late in the game, 0-0, you’d like to come up with a save that keeps it that score and your guys go down the ice and get the first one.”
New Jersey Devils coach Peter DeBoer seemed to have a different view as he expressed his disappointment that the Devils couldn’t provide Schneider with any offensive support. By contrast, Martin Brodeur has put up similar numbers to Schneider, but has a 5-3-2 record thanks to his teammates scoring far more often when he’s in net.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)