Nov 16, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Not long after Colorado Avalanche forward Alex Tanguay suffered a knee injury on Nov. 2, coach Patrick Roy announced that Tanguay would be out for a minimum of two weeks. Unfortunately, the news isn’t positive now that a couple of weeks have past.
Roy doesn’t “know when he’ll be back,” but it probably won’t be soon given that Tanguay’s now listed as out indefinitely, according to the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater.
Tanguay, who will turn 34 on Thursday, was just 13 games into his second stint with the Avalanche when he got hurt. However, in that time he had been a significant part of Colorado’s success by scoring three goals and nine points.
The Avalanche were 11-1-0 with Tanguay and have won just two of their last five games without him. Of course, they were bound to endure a rough patch eventually, but as the Avalanche try to right their ship, they could certainly use Tanguay’s experience and expertise.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)