Nov 16, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
Boston Bruins defenseman Dennis Seidenberg isn’t likely to be suspended after delivering a high elbow to Bobby Ryan in the third period of Ottawa’s 4-2 victory last night, according to CSN New England.
Although the NHL has plenty of time to deal with this matter because Boston isn’t scheduled to play again until Monday, no hearing has been scheduled. The two players were in a race for the puck along the end boards when they made contact, causing Seidenberg to elbow Ryan in the face. You can see the hit below:
There was no penalty on the play, but that was the last shift of Ryan’s night. The good news is that he was able to participate in Saturday’s practice and hopes to play on Sunday against Columbus despite some upper-body stiffness.
“I saw the replay a few times, he definitely connected,” Ryan said, according to the team’s official website. “It is what it is, I don’t know if it was clean or not, that’s not for me to decide. It just was one of those plays that probably got away from him. He’s not a malicious player by any means so I don’t have any ill will towards him from my end.”
Having said that, Ryan is somewhat surprised that there has been no review.
Finally, here is another angle of the same hit, which doesn’t show the lead up, but better illustrates the contact and Ryan’s reaction:
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 15
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 9
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 40
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)