Nov 16, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
Boston Bruins defenseman Dennis Seidenberg isn’t likely to be suspended after delivering a high elbow to Bobby Ryan in the third period of Ottawa’s 4-2 victory last night, according to CSN New England.
Although the NHL has plenty of time to deal with this matter because Boston isn’t scheduled to play again until Monday, no hearing has been scheduled. The two players were in a race for the puck along the end boards when they made contact, causing Seidenberg to elbow Ryan in the face. You can see the hit below:
There was no penalty on the play, but that was the last shift of Ryan’s night. The good news is that he was able to participate in Saturday’s practice and hopes to play on Sunday against Columbus despite some upper-body stiffness.
“I saw the replay a few times, he definitely connected,” Ryan said, according to the team’s official website. “It is what it is, I don’t know if it was clean or not, that’s not for me to decide. It just was one of those plays that probably got away from him. He’s not a malicious player by any means so I don’t have any ill will towards him from my end.”
Having said that, Ryan is somewhat surprised that there has been no review.
Finally, here is another angle of the same hit, which doesn’t show the lead up, but better illustrates the contact and Ryan’s reaction:
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)