Nov 16, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
Boston Bruins defenseman Dennis Seidenberg isn’t likely to be suspended after delivering a high elbow to Bobby Ryan in the third period of Ottawa’s 4-2 victory last night, according to CSN New England.
Although the NHL has plenty of time to deal with this matter because Boston isn’t scheduled to play again until Monday, no hearing has been scheduled. The two players were in a race for the puck along the end boards when they made contact, causing Seidenberg to elbow Ryan in the face. You can see the hit below:
There was no penalty on the play, but that was the last shift of Ryan’s night. The good news is that he was able to participate in Saturday’s practice and hopes to play on Sunday against Columbus despite some upper-body stiffness.
“I saw the replay a few times, he definitely connected,” Ryan said, according to the team’s official website. “It is what it is, I don’t know if it was clean or not, that’s not for me to decide. It just was one of those plays that probably got away from him. He’s not a malicious player by any means so I don’t have any ill will towards him from my end.”
Having said that, Ryan is somewhat surprised that there has been no review.
Finally, here is another angle of the same hit, which doesn’t show the lead up, but better illustrates the contact and Ryan’s reaction:
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 0
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)