Nov 16, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
Boston Bruins defenseman Dennis Seidenberg isn’t likely to be suspended after delivering a high elbow to Bobby Ryan in the third period of Ottawa’s 4-2 victory last night, according to CSN New England.
Although the NHL has plenty of time to deal with this matter because Boston isn’t scheduled to play again until Monday, no hearing has been scheduled. The two players were in a race for the puck along the end boards when they made contact, causing Seidenberg to elbow Ryan in the face. You can see the hit below:
There was no penalty on the play, but that was the last shift of Ryan’s night. The good news is that he was able to participate in Saturday’s practice and hopes to play on Sunday against Columbus despite some upper-body stiffness.
“I saw the replay a few times, he definitely connected,” Ryan said, according to the team’s official website. “It is what it is, I don’t know if it was clean or not, that’s not for me to decide. It just was one of those plays that probably got away from him. He’s not a malicious player by any means so I don’t have any ill will towards him from my end.”
Having said that, Ryan is somewhat surprised that there has been no review.
Finally, here is another angle of the same hit, which doesn’t show the lead up, but better illustrates the contact and Ryan’s reaction:
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 2
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 46
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 23
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (76)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)