Nov 16, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have assigned defenseman Oscar Klefbom back to the Oklahoma City Barons in the American Hockey League.
The Oilers made the announcement Saturday afternoon, just a few hours before taking on the Calgary Flames.
Klefbom is Edmonton’s first-round pick, 19th overall, from the 2011 NHL Draft.
Klefbom has appeared in 12 games with the Barons this season, recording one assist.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 8
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)