Nov 16, 2013, 7:36 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have assigned defenseman Oscar Klefbom back to the Oklahoma City Barons in the American Hockey League.
The Oilers made the announcement Saturday afternoon, just a few hours before taking on the Calgary Flames.
Klefbom is Edmonton’s first-round pick, 19th overall, from the 2011 NHL Draft.
Klefbom has appeared in 12 games with the Barons this season, recording one assist.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)