Nov 16, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
Ben Bishop was pulled from the Tampa Bay Lightning net early in the second period of Saturday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes.
Bishop allowed three goals on 14 shots, before getting replaced by Anders Lindback just one minute and 48 seconds into the middle period.
Bishop, 26, has been stellar for the Lightning so far this season. He has 13 wins, which leads all NHL goalies, to go along with his solid .932 save percentage and 1.96 goals-against average before tonight’s game.
This development only adds to what has been a tough night for goalies around the league.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47