Nov 16, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
Ben Bishop was pulled from the Tampa Bay Lightning net early in the second period of Saturday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes.
Bishop allowed three goals on 14 shots, before getting replaced by Anders Lindback just one minute and 48 seconds into the middle period.
Bishop, 26, has been stellar for the Lightning so far this season. He has 13 wins, which leads all NHL goalies, to go along with his solid .932 save percentage and 1.96 goals-against average before tonight’s game.
This development only adds to what has been a tough night for goalies around the league.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 4
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31