Nov 16, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks back-up goalie Nikolai Khabibulin has left tonight’s game against the Nashville Predators with what looked to be lower-body injury, which occurred late in the first period.
Khabibulin went down in discomfort after going down to stop a Shea Weber slap shot from the point. The shot missed, however Khabibulin couldn’t get back to his feet.
He had to crawl to his left to make the next save, which forced a whistle and a stoppage in play.
Corey Crawford entered the game for Chicago.
The Blackhawks fell behind two goals early in the first period, as the Predators scored twice in the span of 57 seconds. Khabibulin had allowed two goals on eight shots faced, before the injury.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32