Nov 16, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
Chicago Blackhawks back-up goalie Nikolai Khabibulin has left tonight’s game against the Nashville Predators with what looked to be lower-body injury, which occurred late in the first period.
Khabibulin went down in discomfort after going down to stop a Shea Weber slap shot from the point. The shot missed, however Khabibulin couldn’t get back to his feet.
He had to crawl to his left to make the next save, which forced a whistle and a stoppage in play.
Corey Crawford entered the game for Chicago.
The Blackhawks fell behind two goals early in the first period, as the Predators scored twice in the span of 57 seconds. Khabibulin had allowed two goals on eight shots faced, before the injury.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 20
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5