Nov 16, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks back-up goalie Nikolai Khabibulin has left tonight’s game against the Nashville Predators with what looked to be lower-body injury, which occurred late in the first period.
Khabibulin went down in discomfort after going down to stop a Shea Weber slap shot from the point. The shot missed, however Khabibulin couldn’t get back to his feet.
He had to crawl to his left to make the next save, which forced a whistle and a stoppage in play.
Corey Crawford entered the game for Chicago.
The Blackhawks fell behind two goals early in the first period, as the Predators scored twice in the span of 57 seconds. Khabibulin had allowed two goals on eight shots faced, before the injury.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 6
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)