Nov 16, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
Chicago Blackhawks back-up goalie Nikolai Khabibulin has left tonight’s game against the Nashville Predators with what looked to be lower-body injury, which occurred late in the first period.
Khabibulin went down in discomfort after going down to stop a Shea Weber slap shot from the point. The shot missed, however Khabibulin couldn’t get back to his feet.
He had to crawl to his left to make the next save, which forced a whistle and a stoppage in play.
Corey Crawford entered the game for Chicago.
The Blackhawks fell behind two goals early in the first period, as the Predators scored twice in the span of 57 seconds. Khabibulin had allowed two goals on eight shots faced, before the injury.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)