Nov 16, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks back-up goalie Nikolai Khabibulin has left tonight’s game against the Nashville Predators with what looked to be lower-body injury, which occurred late in the first period.
Khabibulin went down in discomfort after going down to stop a Shea Weber slap shot from the point. The shot missed, however Khabibulin couldn’t get back to his feet.
He had to crawl to his left to make the next save, which forced a whistle and a stoppage in play.
Corey Crawford entered the game for Chicago.
The Blackhawks fell behind two goals early in the first period, as the Predators scored twice in the span of 57 seconds. Khabibulin had allowed two goals on eight shots faced, before the injury.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)