Nov 16, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings will know shortly whether Daniel Alfredsson plays tonight against the New York Islanders.
Alfredsson is currently dealing with a lower-body injury and is a game-time decision, according to Red Wings’ game-day blog.
He will take the pre-game skate and then make a decision about he plays or sits, as per the Red Wings. Luke Glendening has been recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins in the American Hockey League.
The 40-year-old Alfredsson has three goals and 14 points in 19 games with the Red Wings this season, his first in Detroit.
The Red Wings come into today’s game against the Islanders having lost their last four games in either overtime or the shootout.
Updated: Alfredsson has been scratched for tonight’s game due to a groin injury suffered in the pre-game skate on Friday, as per NHL.com.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 26
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)