Nov 16, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings will know shortly whether Daniel Alfredsson plays tonight against the New York Islanders.
Alfredsson is currently dealing with a lower-body injury and is a game-time decision, according to Red Wings’ game-day blog.
He will take the pre-game skate and then make a decision about he plays or sits, as per the Red Wings. Luke Glendening has been recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins in the American Hockey League.
The 40-year-old Alfredsson has three goals and 14 points in 19 games with the Red Wings this season, his first in Detroit.
The Red Wings come into today’s game against the Islanders having lost their last four games in either overtime or the shootout.
Updated: Alfredsson has been scratched for tonight’s game due to a groin injury suffered in the pre-game skate on Friday, as per NHL.com.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 0
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 7
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)