Nov 16, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings will know shortly whether Daniel Alfredsson plays tonight against the New York Islanders.
Alfredsson is currently dealing with a lower-body injury and is a game-time decision, according to Red Wings’ game-day blog.
He will take the pre-game skate and then make a decision about he plays or sits, as per the Red Wings. Luke Glendening has been recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins in the American Hockey League.
The 40-year-old Alfredsson has three goals and 14 points in 19 games with the Red Wings this season, his first in Detroit.
The Red Wings come into today’s game against the Islanders having lost their last four games in either overtime or the shootout.
Updated: Alfredsson has been scratched for tonight’s game due to a groin injury suffered in the pre-game skate on Friday, as per NHL.com.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 4
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 33
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)