Nov 16, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings will know shortly whether Daniel Alfredsson plays tonight against the New York Islanders.
Alfredsson is currently dealing with a lower-body injury and is a game-time decision, according to Red Wings’ game-day blog.
He will take the pre-game skate and then make a decision about he plays or sits, as per the Red Wings. Luke Glendening has been recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins in the American Hockey League.
The 40-year-old Alfredsson has three goals and 14 points in 19 games with the Red Wings this season, his first in Detroit.
The Red Wings come into today’s game against the Islanders having lost their last four games in either overtime or the shootout.
Updated: Alfredsson has been scratched for tonight’s game due to a groin injury suffered in the pre-game skate on Friday, as per NHL.com.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 6
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 53
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (53)