Nov 16, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings will know shortly whether Daniel Alfredsson plays tonight against the New York Islanders.
Alfredsson is currently dealing with a lower-body injury and is a game-time decision, according to Red Wings’ game-day blog.
He will take the pre-game skate and then make a decision about he plays or sits, as per the Red Wings. Luke Glendening has been recalled from the Grand Rapids Griffins in the American Hockey League.
The 40-year-old Alfredsson has three goals and 14 points in 19 games with the Red Wings this season, his first in Detroit.
The Red Wings come into today’s game against the Islanders having lost their last four games in either overtime or the shootout.
Updated: Alfredsson has been scratched for tonight’s game due to a groin injury suffered in the pre-game skate on Friday, as per NHL.com.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)