Nov 15, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
In a meeting of two teams that seem to be going in totally opposite directions, the status quo reigned supreme, as the Minnesota Wild edged the Florida Panthers 3-2.
Here are a few nuggets to drive that point home:
- The Wild have won three games in a row and nine of their last 11 games. They’ve also won five in a row in Minnesota.
- Josh Harding hasn’t lost in regulation since Oct. 17.
- Meanwhile, Florida’s winning streak ends at … one game. They’ve now lost 10 of their last 11 games and only have two wins in 15.
- A goalie not named Tim Thomas has won exactly one game: when Jacob Markstrom prevailed in the Panthers’ home-opening 6-3 victory against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Oct. 11.
Yup, it doesn’t get much more disparate than that. The Wild are in the thick of things in an outstanding Central Division while the Panthers might secretly be excited that Buffalo might show some life, as that could increase their odds in the draft lottery.
But, hey, at least they got rid of Kris Versteeg …
Apr 17, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
Head coach Todd McLellan took his time announcing this one, though.
Apr 17, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Meanwhile, no word on Torts.
Apr 17, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Oh, this should be good.
Apr 17, 2014, 3:19 PM EDT
Not great developments on the injury front.
Apr 17, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
“The quicker you get the puck off your stick, the more net there is to shoot.”
Apr 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Two teams meeting for the third time in the playoffs.
Apr 17, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
Just in case you don’t recognize them tonight.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
“You definitely want to be physical on him.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
Game 1 gets underway at Scottrade at 8 p.m. ET (on NBCSN).
Apr 17, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
Classic rivalry will get underway tonight at Scottrade.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Even though they’re not really underdogs.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Apr 17, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Both teams bounced back from bad starts to make the playoffs.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Matt Duchene is already on the shelf.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Apr 17, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
It’s a motivation thing.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
He had eight points in 19 games with New York.
Apr 17, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
New York, St. Louis, Denver, and San Jose is where it’s at tonight.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
A Tyler Seguin bullet, no less.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:08 AM EDT
A tale of two games, really.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 4
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 3
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 28
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 102
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36