Nov 15, 2013, 10:46 PM EST
In a meeting of two teams that seem to be going in totally opposite directions, the status quo reigned supreme, as the Minnesota Wild edged the Florida Panthers 3-2.
Here are a few nuggets to drive that point home:
- The Wild have won three games in a row and nine of their last 11 games. They’ve also won five in a row in Minnesota.
- Josh Harding hasn’t lost in regulation since Oct. 17.
- Meanwhile, Florida’s winning streak ends at … one game. They’ve now lost 10 of their last 11 games and only have two wins in 15.
- A goalie not named Tim Thomas has won exactly one game: when Jacob Markstrom prevailed in the Panthers’ home-opening 6-3 victory against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Oct. 11.
Yup, it doesn’t get much more disparate than that. The Wild are in the thick of things in an outstanding Central Division while the Panthers might secretly be excited that Buffalo might show some life, as that could increase their odds in the draft lottery.
But, hey, at least they got rid of Kris Versteeg …
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 4
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 23
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27