Nov 15, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
The mere return of Ted Nolan and Pat LaFontaine gave suffering Buffalo Sabres fans something to cheer about on Friday. Even better, the Sabres didn’t just compete against the Toronto Maple Leafs, they managed a 3-1 win.
Trevor Smith was the only Maple Leafs player who could beat Ryan Miller tonight, as the American-born netminder stopped 32 out of 33 shots. Steve Ott seems like the exact type of guy who would flourish under a coach who loves hard-working players, so it’s no surprise that he had a strong night (one goal, one assist in 19:37 time on ice).
Maybe some will argue that there’s a placebo effect at work, but the bottom line is that plenty of observers seemed a little more positive about the Sabres, at least for one night.
Nolan and LaFontaine have a lot of work to do, but at least they’re off to a strong start.
(Photo via the Buffalo Sabres.)
Mar 9, 2014, 1:09 AM EDT
A much-needed victory for Vancouver.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
Short ones on Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo: quiet, so far.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin is just on fire right now.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
Dallas scored once on the resulting five-minute major penalty.
Mar 8, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
Seeding battles heat up.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Jaroslav Halak wins in his Washington debut.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
He scored the game-winner for New Jersey against Carolina.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
A solid Saturday for the Sens.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
His No. 9 ascends to the rafters.
Mar 8, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
His latest acquisitions Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick are set to debut Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 7:39 PM EDT
Sounds like he’ll take his talents to Europe instead.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:37 PM EDT
He was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis earlier this month.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
Craig Anderson made 46 saves on Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Making a strong first impression in St. Louis.
Mar 8, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Petr Mrazek will backup Jimmy Howard.
Mar 8, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
The Leafs have called up Frazer McLaren.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
She had a 0.96 GAA and .954 save percentage in the Olympics.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EDT
He suffered the injury last Saturday.
Mar 8, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
He might not be ready for the start of the playoffs either, should Columbus get that far.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)