Nov 15, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
Steven Stamkos‘ stint on the injured list remains indefinite, but he’s doing everything he can to return as soon as possible. That includes wearing a removable cast that enables him to kick off an “aggressive rehab,” according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.
The 23-year-old has plenty of reasons to make a swift return, even if some may be concerned about him rushing back too soon.
Beyond helping the quick-starting Lightning this season, the 2014 Winter Olympics are still a signpost to shoot for. Interestingly enough, Steve Yzerman is the GM of both squads, so he must have mixed feelings about his star sniper taking a potential risk.
The upside is obvious, though, as he’s had a tremendous start to 2013-14 (14 goals, 23 points in 17 games).
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)