Nov 15, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
Steven Stamkos‘ stint on the injured list remains indefinite, but he’s doing everything he can to return as soon as possible. That includes wearing a removable cast that enables him to kick off an “aggressive rehab,” according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.
The 23-year-old has plenty of reasons to make a swift return, even if some may be concerned about him rushing back too soon.
Beyond helping the quick-starting Lightning this season, the 2014 Winter Olympics are still a signpost to shoot for. Interestingly enough, Steve Yzerman is the GM of both squads, so he must have mixed feelings about his star sniper taking a potential risk.
The upside is obvious, though, as he’s had a tremendous start to 2013-14 (14 goals, 23 points in 17 games).
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 23
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 38
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 26
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 64
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)