Nov 15, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
Steven Stamkos‘ stint on the injured list remains indefinite, but he’s doing everything he can to return as soon as possible. That includes wearing a removable cast that enables him to kick off an “aggressive rehab,” according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.
The 23-year-old has plenty of reasons to make a swift return, even if some may be concerned about him rushing back too soon.
Beyond helping the quick-starting Lightning this season, the 2014 Winter Olympics are still a signpost to shoot for. Interestingly enough, Steve Yzerman is the GM of both squads, so he must have mixed feelings about his star sniper taking a potential risk.
The upside is obvious, though, as he’s had a tremendous start to 2013-14 (14 goals, 23 points in 17 games).
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 24
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 46
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (48)