Nov 15, 2013, 8:42 PM EST
Steven Stamkos‘ stint on the injured list remains indefinite, but he’s doing everything he can to return as soon as possible. That includes wearing a removable cast that enables him to kick off an “aggressive rehab,” according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.
The 23-year-old has plenty of reasons to make a swift return, even if some may be concerned about him rushing back too soon.
Beyond helping the quick-starting Lightning this season, the 2014 Winter Olympics are still a signpost to shoot for. Interestingly enough, Steve Yzerman is the GM of both squads, so he must have mixed feelings about his star sniper taking a potential risk.
The upside is obvious, though, as he’s had a tremendous start to 2013-14 (14 goals, 23 points in 17 games).
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 18
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)