Nov 15, 2013, 8:42 PM EST
Steven Stamkos‘ stint on the injured list remains indefinite, but he’s doing everything he can to return as soon as possible. That includes wearing a removable cast that enables him to kick off an “aggressive rehab,” according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.
The 23-year-old has plenty of reasons to make a swift return, even if some may be concerned about him rushing back too soon.
Beyond helping the quick-starting Lightning this season, the 2014 Winter Olympics are still a signpost to shoot for. Interestingly enough, Steve Yzerman is the GM of both squads, so he must have mixed feelings about his star sniper taking a potential risk.
The upside is obvious, though, as he’s had a tremendous start to 2013-14 (14 goals, 23 points in 17 games).
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2