Nov 15, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators still have time to turn their Friday around, but right now, things aren’t looking good.
Barry Trotz decided to pull goalie Marek Mazanec in favor of Carter Hutton after the Czech-born goalie allowed four Pittsburgh Penguins goals in two periods. If that wasn’t glum enough, the Predators also lost solid depth forward Eric Nystrom to an upper-body injury (he won’t return).
Nystrom, 30, has five points in 18 games played this season. He hasn’t been able to score a point in his last five games, but give him a little leeway; his team only scored one goal in its previous three contests and may not add to the tally they’ve collected tonight.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)