Nov 15, 2013, 9:09 PM EST
The Nashville Predators still have time to turn their Friday around, but right now, things aren’t looking good.
Barry Trotz decided to pull goalie Marek Mazanec in favor of Carter Hutton after the Czech-born goalie allowed four Pittsburgh Penguins goals in two periods. If that wasn’t glum enough, the Predators also lost solid depth forward Eric Nystrom to an upper-body injury (he won’t return).
Nystrom, 30, has five points in 18 games played this season. He hasn’t been able to score a point in his last five games, but give him a little leeway; his team only scored one goal in its previous three contests and may not add to the tally they’ve collected tonight.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 5
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 27
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 23
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 29
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 11
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)