Nov 15, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators still have time to turn their Friday around, but right now, things aren’t looking good.
Barry Trotz decided to pull goalie Marek Mazanec in favor of Carter Hutton after the Czech-born goalie allowed four Pittsburgh Penguins goals in two periods. If that wasn’t glum enough, the Predators also lost solid depth forward Eric Nystrom to an upper-body injury (he won’t return).
Nystrom, 30, has five points in 18 games played this season. He hasn’t been able to score a point in his last five games, but give him a little leeway; his team only scored one goal in its previous three contests and may not add to the tally they’ve collected tonight.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5