Nov 15, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators still have time to turn their Friday around, but right now, things aren’t looking good.
Barry Trotz decided to pull goalie Marek Mazanec in favor of Carter Hutton after the Czech-born goalie allowed four Pittsburgh Penguins goals in two periods. If that wasn’t glum enough, the Predators also lost solid depth forward Eric Nystrom to an upper-body injury (he won’t return).
Nystrom, 30, has five points in 18 games played this season. He hasn’t been able to score a point in his last five games, but give him a little leeway; his team only scored one goal in its previous three contests and may not add to the tally they’ve collected tonight.
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 15
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 69
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (85)