Nov 15, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators still have time to turn their Friday around, but right now, things aren’t looking good.
Barry Trotz decided to pull goalie Marek Mazanec in favor of Carter Hutton after the Czech-born goalie allowed four Pittsburgh Penguins goals in two periods. If that wasn’t glum enough, the Predators also lost solid depth forward Eric Nystrom to an upper-body injury (he won’t return).
Nystrom, 30, has five points in 18 games played this season. He hasn’t been able to score a point in his last five games, but give him a little leeway; his team only scored one goal in its previous three contests and may not add to the tally they’ve collected tonight.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)