Nov 15, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
In theory, the Nashville Predators seem like the perfect opponent for the Pittsburgh Penguins to try and jump-start their struggling offense against.
Not only are the Preds languishing in the goals-against department without injured star goalie Pekka Rinne, they’ve also played six straight road games ahead of tonight’s at Consol Energy Center.
“They have been on the road for what to us would seem like forever,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said, per NHL.com. “They’ve been on the road an awful lot and now they’re coming into our building.”
On top of that, the Pens are expected to have Paul Martin back in the lineup after the veteran defenseman missed a pair of games with a lower-body injury.
Pittsburgh could use an offensive breakout. With a mere three goals (none even strength) in their last three games (each of them regulation losses), the Pens find themselves just one point ahead of Washington for first place in the Metropolitan Division. The club’s two-time Art Ross Trophy winner, Evgeni Malkin, has gone 11 games without scoring a goal, managing just six shots in his last five games.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 36
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)