Nov 15, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
In theory, the Nashville Predators seem like the perfect opponent for the Pittsburgh Penguins to try and jump-start their struggling offense against.
Not only are the Preds languishing in the goals-against department without injured star goalie Pekka Rinne, they’ve also played six straight road games ahead of tonight’s at Consol Energy Center.
“They have been on the road for what to us would seem like forever,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said, per NHL.com. “They’ve been on the road an awful lot and now they’re coming into our building.”
On top of that, the Pens are expected to have Paul Martin back in the lineup after the veteran defenseman missed a pair of games with a lower-body injury.
Pittsburgh could use an offensive breakout. With a mere three goals (none even strength) in their last three games (each of them regulation losses), the Pens find themselves just one point ahead of Washington for first place in the Metropolitan Division. The club’s two-time Art Ross Trophy winner, Evgeni Malkin, has gone 11 games without scoring a goal, managing just six shots in his last five games.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)