Nov 15, 2013, 9:29 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins broke their three-game slump at the expense of the Nashville Predators by a score of 4-1 on Friday, extending Nashville’s losing streak to four games.
It was also a night in which some struggling Penguins bounced back. James Neal scored his first goal of 2013-14, possibly showing that he’s over the injury issues that have limited him to just four games. Evgeni Malkin looked strong and Pascal Dupuis ended his month-long goalless nightmare.
The Predators must feel like the ultimate rebound generator right now. The Winnipeg Jets had lost seven of nine before trampling Nashville 5-0. New Jersey just ended a slump of its own before beating the Predators. The New York Islanders’ only win in their last six games came against Nashville and now Pittsburgh broke its dry spell tonight.
Nashville isn’t just losing; the Predators are getting pummeled. They’ve been outscored 17-2 in their last four games. Even golden rookie Seth Jones seems to be struggling; he played in less than three minutes in the first period and didn’t log his usual hefty amount of ice time (17:23 overall).
Considering the big changes in Buffalo and Florida this past week, Preds head coach Barry Trotz and maybe even GM David Poile might be feeling the heat.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 3
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)