Nov 15, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins broke their three-game slump at the expense of the Nashville Predators by a score of 4-1 on Friday, extending Nashville’s losing streak to four games.
It was also a night in which some struggling Penguins bounced back. James Neal scored his first goal of 2013-14, possibly showing that he’s over the injury issues that have limited him to just four games. Evgeni Malkin looked strong and Pascal Dupuis ended his month-long goalless nightmare.
The Predators must feel like the ultimate rebound generator right now. The Winnipeg Jets had lost seven of nine before trampling Nashville 5-0. New Jersey just ended a slump of its own before beating the Predators. The New York Islanders’ only win in their last six games came against Nashville and now Pittsburgh broke its dry spell tonight.
Nashville isn’t just losing; the Predators are getting pummeled. They’ve been outscored 17-2 in their last four games. Even golden rookie Seth Jones seems to be struggling; he played in less than three minutes in the first period and didn’t log his usual hefty amount of ice time (17:23 overall).
Considering the big changes in Buffalo and Florida this past week, Preds head coach Barry Trotz and maybe even GM David Poile might be feeling the heat.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)