Nov 15, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks’ lineup received two late, pleasant surprises as both Ryan Getzlaf and Teemu Selanne will play against the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
Getzlaf has been sidelined since Nov. 8 with an upper-body injury. Selanne is healthy, but the general plan has been to rest the 43-year-old during back-to-back nights. Stephens reports that Mathieu Perreault won’t play on Friday.
Getzlaf, 28, scored his first career hat trick (and added an assist) so we’ll see if this layoff ruins a hot run for the Team Canada hopeful.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54