Nov 15, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks’ lineup received two late, pleasant surprises as both Ryan Getzlaf and Teemu Selanne will play against the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
Getzlaf has been sidelined since Nov. 8 with an upper-body injury. Selanne is healthy, but the general plan has been to rest the 43-year-old during back-to-back nights. Stephens reports that Mathieu Perreault won’t play on Friday.
Getzlaf, 28, scored his first career hat trick (and added an assist) so we’ll see if this layoff ruins a hot run for the Team Canada hopeful.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63