Nov 15, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks’ lineup received two late, pleasant surprises as both Ryan Getzlaf and Teemu Selanne will play against the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
Getzlaf has been sidelined since Nov. 8 with an upper-body injury. Selanne is healthy, but the general plan has been to rest the 43-year-old during back-to-back nights. Stephens reports that Mathieu Perreault won’t play on Friday.
Getzlaf, 28, scored his first career hat trick (and added an assist) so we’ll see if this layoff ruins a hot run for the Team Canada hopeful.
- Devils re-sign Greene to long-term pact 0
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 35
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)