Nov 15, 2013, 7:14 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks’ lineup received two late, pleasant surprises as both Ryan Getzlaf and Teemu Selanne will play against the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
Getzlaf has been sidelined since Nov. 8 with an upper-body injury. Selanne is healthy, but the general plan has been to rest the 43-year-old during back-to-back nights. Stephens reports that Mathieu Perreault won’t play on Friday.
Getzlaf, 28, scored his first career hat trick (and added an assist) so we’ll see if this layoff ruins a hot run for the Team Canada hopeful.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)