Nov 15, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks’ lineup received two late, pleasant surprises as both Ryan Getzlaf and Teemu Selanne will play against the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
Getzlaf has been sidelined since Nov. 8 with an upper-body injury. Selanne is healthy, but the general plan has been to rest the 43-year-old during back-to-back nights. Stephens reports that Mathieu Perreault won’t play on Friday.
Getzlaf, 28, scored his first career hat trick (and added an assist) so we’ll see if this layoff ruins a hot run for the Team Canada hopeful.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 1
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 14
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 78
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 35
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (78)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)