Nov 15, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
The Devils look as though they’ll have a welcome face in the lineup tonight after activating Patrick Elias from injured reserve.
“[My back] still bothers me, but not to the point where I’ll sit out,” Elias said following Friday’s morning skate, as per NHL.com.
The 37-year-old has been in discomfort for a while, which began following a pregame nap prior to a 4-3 win over Boston on Oct. 26. Elias awoke with back spasms, but gutted through to face the Bruins and, three nights later, a 2-1 win over Tampa Bay
Following the Lightning game, Elias was placed on IR (retroactively) and has since missed New Jersey’s last six games.
Overall, this has been a tough season for Elias’ health. He missed time earlier this season to a rough bout of food poisoning and, on the year, has only appeared in 10 of New Jersey’s 18 games.
That said, he has been a solid contributor when healthy. Despite the missed time, Elias still sits tied for third in team scoring, with seven points, and was averaging close to 19 minutes per game prior to the back spasms.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15