Nov 15, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
The Devils look as though they’ll have a welcome face in the lineup tonight after activating Patrick Elias from injured reserve.
“[My back] still bothers me, but not to the point where I’ll sit out,” Elias said following Friday’s morning skate, as per NHL.com.
The 37-year-old has been in discomfort for a while, which began following a pregame nap prior to a 4-3 win over Boston on Oct. 26. Elias awoke with back spasms, but gutted through to face the Bruins and, three nights later, a 2-1 win over Tampa Bay
Following the Lightning game, Elias was placed on IR (retroactively) and has since missed New Jersey’s last six games.
Overall, this has been a tough season for Elias’ health. He missed time earlier this season to a rough bout of food poisoning and, on the year, has only appeared in 10 of New Jersey’s 18 games.
That said, he has been a solid contributor when healthy. Despite the missed time, Elias still sits tied for third in team scoring, with seven points, and was averaging close to 19 minutes per game prior to the back spasms.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)