Nov 15, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Patrick Eaves cleared waivers and has been sent to AHL Grand Rapids, the club announced on Friday.
Eaves, 29, was waived yesterday after only recently returning to the Detroit lineup. He missed most of the season on LTIR with ankle and knee issues.
His last game came on Nov. 9 — a 3-2 loss to Tampa Bay — in which he played a season-high 11:43 while recording two shots on goal.
With the move, the Griffins now boast one of the most NHL-experienced teams in the American League. Eaves has over 400 games of big-league experience while Jordin Tootoo, who was also waived and sent to Grand Rapids this week, has over 500.
Grand Rapids also has Nathan Paetsch (167 NHL games), Cory Emmerton (125) and Gustav Nyquist (40) on the active roster.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 0
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 95
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 50
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115