Nov 15, 2013, 1:48 PM EST
Red Wings forward Patrick Eaves cleared waivers and has been sent to AHL Grand Rapids, the club announced on Friday.
Eaves, 29, was waived yesterday after only recently returning to the Detroit lineup. He missed most of the season on LTIR with ankle and knee issues.
His last game came on Nov. 9 — a 3-2 loss to Tampa Bay — in which he played a season-high 11:43 while recording two shots on goal.
With the move, the Griffins now boast one of the most NHL-experienced teams in the American League. Eaves has over 400 games of big-league experience while Jordin Tootoo, who was also waived and sent to Grand Rapids this week, has over 500.
Grand Rapids also has Nathan Paetsch (167 NHL games), Cory Emmerton (125) and Gustav Nyquist (40) on the active roster.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 5
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)