Nov 15, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Patrick Eaves cleared waivers and has been sent to AHL Grand Rapids, the club announced on Friday.
Eaves, 29, was waived yesterday after only recently returning to the Detroit lineup. He missed most of the season on LTIR with ankle and knee issues.
His last game came on Nov. 9 — a 3-2 loss to Tampa Bay — in which he played a season-high 11:43 while recording two shots on goal.
With the move, the Griffins now boast one of the most NHL-experienced teams in the American League. Eaves has over 400 games of big-league experience while Jordin Tootoo, who was also waived and sent to Grand Rapids this week, has over 500.
Grand Rapids also has Nathan Paetsch (167 NHL games), Cory Emmerton (125) and Gustav Nyquist (40) on the active roster.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)