Nov 15, 2013, 1:48 PM EST
Red Wings forward Patrick Eaves cleared waivers and has been sent to AHL Grand Rapids, the club announced on Friday.
Eaves, 29, was waived yesterday after only recently returning to the Detroit lineup. He missed most of the season on LTIR with ankle and knee issues.
His last game came on Nov. 9 — a 3-2 loss to Tampa Bay — in which he played a season-high 11:43 while recording two shots on goal.
With the move, the Griffins now boast one of the most NHL-experienced teams in the American League. Eaves has over 400 games of big-league experience while Jordin Tootoo, who was also waived and sent to Grand Rapids this week, has over 500.
Grand Rapids also has Nathan Paetsch (167 NHL games), Cory Emmerton (125) and Gustav Nyquist (40) on the active roster.
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 72
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Patrick Kane (fractured clavicle) out 12 weeks after surgery 41
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (72)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)