Nov 15, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
Tomorrow won’t be the first time Del Zotto (1G, 3A) has been scratched by new head coach Alain Vigneault. The 23-year-old also sat and watched Oct. 19 in New Jersey. But that came after he’d missed a Rangers victory with the flu and Vigneault didn’t want to mess with a winning lineup.
Del Zotto apparently wasn’t surprised to learn he’d be watching from the press box in Montreal, given his playing time has been on the decline. On Tuesday, he was on the ice for only 16:09 versus the Devils. An offensive defenseman, it’s worth pointing out he has just one assist in 43:09 of power-play time.
Replacing Del Zotto will be 25-year-old Justin Falk.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)