Nov 15, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
Tomorrow won’t be the first time Del Zotto (1G, 3A) has been scratched by new head coach Alain Vigneault. The 23-year-old also sat and watched Oct. 19 in New Jersey. But that came after he’d missed a Rangers victory with the flu and Vigneault didn’t want to mess with a winning lineup.
Del Zotto apparently wasn’t surprised to learn he’d be watching from the press box in Montreal, given his playing time has been on the decline. On Tuesday, he was on the ice for only 16:09 versus the Devils. An offensive defenseman, it’s worth pointing out he has just one assist in 43:09 of power-play time.
Replacing Del Zotto will be 25-year-old Justin Falk.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13