Nov 15, 2013, 12:52 PM EST
Tomorrow won’t be the first time Del Zotto (1G, 3A) has been scratched by new head coach Alain Vigneault. The 23-year-old also sat and watched Oct. 19 in New Jersey. But that came after he’d missed a Rangers victory with the flu and Vigneault didn’t want to mess with a winning lineup.
Del Zotto apparently wasn’t surprised to learn he’d be watching from the press box in Montreal, given his playing time has been on the decline. On Tuesday, he was on the ice for only 16:09 versus the Devils. An offensive defenseman, it’s worth pointing out he has just one assist in 43:09 of power-play time.
Replacing Del Zotto will be 25-year-old Justin Falk.
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 4
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)