Nov 15, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
Tomorrow won’t be the first time Del Zotto (1G, 3A) has been scratched by new head coach Alain Vigneault. The 23-year-old also sat and watched Oct. 19 in New Jersey. But that came after he’d missed a Rangers victory with the flu and Vigneault didn’t want to mess with a winning lineup.
Del Zotto apparently wasn’t surprised to learn he’d be watching from the press box in Montreal, given his playing time has been on the decline. On Tuesday, he was on the ice for only 16:09 versus the Devils. An offensive defenseman, it’s worth pointing out he has just one assist in 43:09 of power-play time.
Replacing Del Zotto will be 25-year-old Justin Falk.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 33
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 17
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 18
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 46
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)