Nov 15, 2013, 1:59 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks have re-signed goalie Eddie Lack to a two-year, $2.3 million contract extension.
Lack, 25, was promoted to the big club this season after Cory Schneider was traded to New Jersey at the draft. In five appearances (four starts), he has a 2-2-0 record with a .911 save percentage.
At this point, Lack’s long-term future is a bit up in the air. If he establishes himself as a legitimate NHL goalie — and he’s still got a ways to go there — there may not be much opportunity in Vancouver given Roberto Luongo‘s contract runs until 2022.
But we’ve stopped trying to predict what will happen with the Canucks’ goaltending situation, so let’s just wait and see how it plays out. Frankly, we’re still not entirely dismissing the possibility of a Luongo compliance buyout this summer. The way that soap opera’s gone, we can’t afford to dismiss anything. Including an alien abduction.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)