Nov 15, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have re-signed goalie Eddie Lack to a two-year, $2.3 million contract extension.
Lack, 25, was promoted to the big club this season after Cory Schneider was traded to New Jersey at the draft. In five appearances (four starts), he has a 2-2-0 record with a .911 save percentage.
At this point, Lack’s long-term future is a bit up in the air. If he establishes himself as a legitimate NHL goalie — and he’s still got a ways to go there — there may not be much opportunity in Vancouver given Roberto Luongo‘s contract runs until 2022.
But we’ve stopped trying to predict what will happen with the Canucks’ goaltending situation, so let’s just wait and see how it plays out. Frankly, we’re still not entirely dismissing the possibility of a Luongo compliance buyout this summer. The way that soap opera’s gone, we can’t afford to dismiss anything. Including an alien abduction.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 7
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 17
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)