Nov 15, 2013, 1:59 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks have re-signed goalie Eddie Lack to a two-year, $2.3 million contract extension.
Lack, 25, was promoted to the big club this season after Cory Schneider was traded to New Jersey at the draft. In five appearances (four starts), he has a 2-2-0 record with a .911 save percentage.
At this point, Lack’s long-term future is a bit up in the air. If he establishes himself as a legitimate NHL goalie — and he’s still got a ways to go there — there may not be much opportunity in Vancouver given Roberto Luongo‘s contract runs until 2022.
But we’ve stopped trying to predict what will happen with the Canucks’ goaltending situation, so let’s just wait and see how it plays out. Frankly, we’re still not entirely dismissing the possibility of a Luongo compliance buyout this summer. The way that soap opera’s gone, we can’t afford to dismiss anything. Including an alien abduction.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)